UPDATE: Body found in sea near Ladram Bay
- Credit: Archant
A woman was found dead in the sea near Ladram Bay on Saturday, September 9.
A Beer Coastguard spokesperson said they were tasked at 1.29pm, along with Exmouth Coastguard, Devon Air Ambulance, Devon and Cornwall Police and Sidmouth Lifeboat, to an incident at Chiselbury Bay, west of Ladram.
The spokesperson said: “As the first teams arrived on scene it became clear that this was a deceased person.
“We then waited for CID and scenes of crime officers before the body could be recovered by Sidmouth Lifeboat back to Sidmouth for the coroner.
“Our condolences are with the casualty’s family.”
A Devon and Cornwall Police spokesperson said the woman had been identified, but was not from Devon.
Update: Devon and Cornwall Police said the 50-year-old woman was from the Surrey area. They are not treating the death as suspicious and the woman’s next of kin have been informed.
- 1 Folk Festival gears up to bring Sidmouth to life with music
- 2 Part of Donkey Sanctuary closed due to respiratory infection
- 3 Pixie Day returns to Ottery – Pictures
- 4 Sidbury pupils celebrate May Day in June
- 5 Injured pedestrian helped by lifeboat and lifeguard teams
- 6 Repairs to start on Sidmouth's vandalised amphitheatre
- 7 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 8 Help clean up Sidmouth as In Bloom judges' visit approaches
- 9 Circus proposed for Sidmouth next year
- 10 Ukelele band seeks new members
A file will be prepared for the coroner.