Woolbrook Post Office closes for vet’s refurb
- Credit: Archant
Woolbrook Post Office is closing for two weeks as it undergoes a major operation to accommodate a vet’s surgery.
People posting packages or picking up their pension will have to head to Sidford or Sidmouth, before it reopens as a new-style branch at the end of the month.
It will have two serving points, extended opening hours, and vet Peter Martin will have set up shop, taking up half the space as Jurassic Vets.
Post Office Area Manager Adrian Skinner said: “We understand how important having a post office is to residents in Woolbrook.
“We are confident this new modern post office service will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.
You may also want to watch:
“This modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office and marks a commitment to no more branch closure programmes.”
It will close for refurbishment on Wednesday (March 19) and is scheduled to reopen on Friday, March 28.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites