Woolbrook Post Office closes for vet’s refurb
- Credit: Archant
Woolbrook Post Office is closing for two weeks as it undergoes a major operation to accommodate a vet’s surgery.
People posting packages or picking up their pension will have to head to Sidford or Sidmouth, before it reopens as a new-style branch at the end of the month.
It will have two serving points, extended opening hours, and vet Peter Martin will have set up shop, taking up half the space as Jurassic Vets.
Post Office Area Manager Adrian Skinner said: “We understand how important having a post office is to residents in Woolbrook.
“We are confident this new modern post office service will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.
You may also want to watch:
“This modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office and marks a commitment to no more branch closure programmes.”
It will close for refurbishment on Wednesday (March 19) and is scheduled to reopen on Friday, March 28.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth