Work to begin on Sidbury church windows
RESTORATION work will soon start on Sidbury s church windows after a large donation was given to the fund. St Giles Windows Fund is reaping the benefits of proceeds raised from the popular revue Spring Fever which was performed in the village last mont
RESTORATION work will soon start on Sidbury's church windows after a large donation was given to the fund.
St Giles' Windows Fund is reaping the benefits of proceeds raised from the popular revue 'Spring Fever' which was performed in the village last month.
A cheque for �1,000 was presented to members of the fund by the organisers of the spectacular, Sidbury into Drama.
Receiving the cheque, Churchwarden Allan Andrews, said: "We are extremely grateful for this donation and indeed other sums of money which have been received from many of the village organisations.
You may also want to watch:
"It will enable work to start shortly on the restoration of the windows, some of which have been attributed to Charles Kempe, the noted Victorian stained glass artist.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 3 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 4 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 5 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 6 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Art society gear up for return of exhibition
- 9 Sidmouth bowlers suffer Madeira defeat
- 10 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid