Work to begin on Sidbury church windows
RESTORATION work will soon start on Sidbury s church windows after a large donation was given to the fund. St Giles Windows Fund is reaping the benefits of proceeds raised from the popular revue Spring Fever which was performed in the village last mont
RESTORATION work will soon start on Sidbury's church windows after a large donation was given to the fund.
St Giles' Windows Fund is reaping the benefits of proceeds raised from the popular revue 'Spring Fever' which was performed in the village last month.
A cheque for �1,000 was presented to members of the fund by the organisers of the spectacular, Sidbury into Drama.
Receiving the cheque, Churchwarden Allan Andrews, said: "We are extremely grateful for this donation and indeed other sums of money which have been received from many of the village organisations.
"It will enable work to start shortly on the restoration of the windows, some of which have been attributed to Charles Kempe, the noted Victorian stained glass artist.
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 Perfect storm has created a housing crisis that needs fixing
- 7 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 8 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 10 Rugby classics in exotic locations