Works to install drop kerbs in Sid Valley to start next week
- Credit: Archant
Works to install a number of dropped kerbs in Sidmouth, Sidford and Sidbury will start next week.
Two kerbs will be dropped at Cotmaton Road in Sidmouth at the junction with Station Road, three in Frys Lane in Sidford and one in Church Street in Sidbury.
It is hoped the works, which are due to be completed by December 5, will help improve residents’ quality of life while out and about.
Funding for the works have come from County Councillor Stuart Hughes, through his Investing in Devon budget.
Cllr Hughes said: “I’m delighted that this funding is going to enable local residents to get around safely and especially those in mobility scooters and electric wheelchairs.
You may also want to watch:
“I was approached by several people who expressed their frustration in not being able to get around in safety and these aids to movement improvements are going to make such a difference to their lives.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon