Yellow lines for problem Sidmouth roads
- Credit: Archant
THE final hurdle looks to have been cleared for a long-running traffic regulation order covering changes to waiting, loading and parking places around Sidmouth.
The scheme will see new double yellow lines and dedicated parking places in parts of Alexandria Road – where vehicles currently cause problems for fire appliances racing to emergencies.
The situation has also proved problematic for waste collectors.
Similar issues have been reported in Beatlands Road and Cliff Road, which will also see some restrictions introduced.
More yellow lines to prevent parking on a bend in Glen Road will also be addressed.
You may also want to watch:
The order has been funded by county councillor Stuart Hughes’ locality budget.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again