Yellow lines for problem Sidmouth roads
- Credit: Archant
THE final hurdle looks to have been cleared for a long-running traffic regulation order covering changes to waiting, loading and parking places around Sidmouth.
The scheme will see new double yellow lines and dedicated parking places in parts of Alexandria Road – where vehicles currently cause problems for fire appliances racing to emergencies.
The situation has also proved problematic for waste collectors.
Similar issues have been reported in Beatlands Road and Cliff Road, which will also see some restrictions introduced.
More yellow lines to prevent parking on a bend in Glen Road will also be addressed.
You may also want to watch:
The order has been funded by county councillor Stuart Hughes’ locality budget.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Village panto group secures prestigious national award