Yoga keeps Ottery centenarian fit
CENTENARIAN Sheila Nankivell attributes her longevity to yoga and keeping active. Sheila, who celebrated her 100th birthday on Wednesday, June 9, at her home in Ottery St Mary, enjoyed a trip to the hairdressers before posing for our photograph
CENTENARIAN Sheila Nankivell attributes her longevity to yoga and keeping active.
Sheila, who celebrated her 100th birthday on Wednesday, June 9, at her home in Ottery St Mary, enjoyed a trip to the hairdressers before posing for our photograph with son Michael Moore (standing), and Wilfred Reynolds, who is assistant church warden and pastoral visitor from Otter St Mary Parish Church.
He and church photographer Phyllis Baxter presented Sheila with a bouquet of flowers and birthday card, signed by members of the parish church.
A communion service was led at her home by Wilfred to celebrate her centenary.
You may also want to watch:
Sheila, a former keen member of Honiton Golf Club, received a card from the Queen and telegram from the Department of Work and Pensions as well as many other messages of congratulations.
Just to prove how yoga has kept her feeling young, Sheila demonstrated how she can still bend down and touch the floor with the palms of her hands.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 6 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 7 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
Lunch with her son and daughter-in-law at Otter Nurseries was followed by high tea at the home of one of her grandsons, with her son, two grandsons and wives and five great grandchildren.