Yoga keeps Ottery centenarian fit
CENTENARIAN Sheila Nankivell attributes her longevity to yoga and keeping active. Sheila, who celebrated her 100th birthday on Wednesday, June 9, at her home in Ottery St Mary, enjoyed a trip to the hairdressers before posing for our photograph
CENTENARIAN Sheila Nankivell attributes her longevity to yoga and keeping active.
Sheila, who celebrated her 100th birthday on Wednesday, June 9, at her home in Ottery St Mary, enjoyed a trip to the hairdressers before posing for our photograph with son Michael Moore (standing), and Wilfred Reynolds, who is assistant church warden and pastoral visitor from Otter St Mary Parish Church.
He and church photographer Phyllis Baxter presented Sheila with a bouquet of flowers and birthday card, signed by members of the parish church.
A communion service was led at her home by Wilfred to celebrate her centenary.
You may also want to watch:
Sheila, a former keen member of Honiton Golf Club, received a card from the Queen and telegram from the Department of Work and Pensions as well as many other messages of congratulations.
Just to prove how yoga has kept her feeling young, Sheila demonstrated how she can still bend down and touch the floor with the palms of her hands.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 8 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 9 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
Lunch with her son and daughter-in-law at Otter Nurseries was followed by high tea at the home of one of her grandsons, with her son, two grandsons and wives and five great grandchildren.