‘You can guarantee Beer beach is clean’
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers braved strong winds on New Year’s Day to help clean Beer beach.
Some 20 residents and visitors turned up to help the Beer Village Heritage Society tackle rubbish last Friday.
The group of helpers picked up a variety of different plastics, bottle tops and fishing lines, as well as remnants from the MSC Napoli.
Helpers were unable to take plastic bin liners onto the beach because of the strong wind.
Norah Jaggers, a member of Beer Village Heritage Society, said: “It was lovely, there was a good 20 of us.
You may also want to watch:
“It should be said that we have a lot of people in the village who also pick up rubbish on the beach.
“You can guarantee Beer beach will be clean.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
The group will be organising another beach clean in March.
Norah added: “We encourage people, if they are walking on the beach, to pick up stuff.”