Youngsters enjoy Sidmouth fun
SUMMER holidays may mean a break from school or nursery, but there has been plenty to do for youngsters living in or visiting Sidmouth.
Deborah Main, family worker at Sidmouth Methodist Church for the past 18 months, has been running daily weekday activities sessions at the church hall off High Street, offering, for a donation, a mix of table top games, crafts, and toddler equipment, together with educational games for the under fives provided by Paul Bennett of the Children’s Centre.
“I started the activity sessions because most of the parent and toddler groups are closed during the summer and I tried to have a group for all ages,” said Deborah, who also runs the activities during Easter.
While most are younger, Deborah hopes the last activity week next week will encourage other age groups too.
“We will be having the theme of houses and will be making a donation to Habitat for Humanity,” she said.
This supports fundraising work being done by resident and church member, Jo Clements, for the charity.
Meanwhile Deborah has Something Fishy planned before youngster return to school – a family fun afternoon with a fish theme.
- 1 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 2 Business breakfast aims to link up local professionals
- 3 Cost of living crisis how Sidmouth businesses are coping
- 4 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
- 5 Bugler needed for Sidmouth beacon lighting event
- 6 New town council chair sets out his aims
- 7 'Thank you' - Ukraine medic moved to tears by donations from Ottery
- 8 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
- 9 Recycled toy shop's kind gesture to Ukrainian families
- 10 Ottery residents struggling with Medical Centre absence
“We will have competitions, crafts and games, ending with a fish and chip supper, from 3.30pm to 6pm on Thursday, September 1,” she said.
“I hope it will be great fun and any age of child, with an adult, can come.”
Cost of the afternoon is �3 or �5 (adult) �4 children to include fish and chips.