Youngsters enjoy Sidmouth fun
SUMMER holidays may mean a break from school or nursery, but there has been plenty to do for youngsters living in or visiting Sidmouth.
Deborah Main, family worker at Sidmouth Methodist Church for the past 18 months, has been running daily weekday activities sessions at the church hall off High Street, offering, for a donation, a mix of table top games, crafts, and toddler equipment, together with educational games for the under fives provided by Paul Bennett of the Children’s Centre.
“I started the activity sessions because most of the parent and toddler groups are closed during the summer and I tried to have a group for all ages,” said Deborah, who also runs the activities during Easter.
While most are younger, Deborah hopes the last activity week next week will encourage other age groups too.
“We will be having the theme of houses and will be making a donation to Habitat for Humanity,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
This supports fundraising work being done by resident and church member, Jo Clements, for the charity.
Meanwhile Deborah has Something Fishy planned before youngster return to school – a family fun afternoon with a fish theme.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 7 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
“We will have competitions, crafts and games, ending with a fish and chip supper, from 3.30pm to 6pm on Thursday, September 1,” she said.
“I hope it will be great fun and any age of child, with an adult, can come.”
Cost of the afternoon is �3 or �5 (adult) �4 children to include fish and chips.