Youngsters praised in Ottery Gardening Show bonanza
OTTERY St Mary s green-fingered gardening exploits defied a summer of miserable weather to wow crowds in The Institute last Saturday.
OTTERY St Mary's green-fingered gardening exploits defied a summer of miserable weather to wow crowds in The Institute last Saturday.
Sixty five people attended the Ottery Gardening Club's Autumn Show, which was hailed a success by organisers.
"Considering the weather this year, the flowers were stunning and the vegetables not too bad," said club member Joan Dalton, adding: "Thank you to everybody who exhibited, because without them there would be no show."
Club secretary Jean Blouet-Smith was delighted with the afternoon's festivities, which also included teas and raffle.
You may also want to watch:
Budding gardener Samuel Burhop triumphed in the Junior Class category and was among four youngsters to enter the competition.
- SEE a full list of winners and photos in this week's Ottery Herald
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight