Youngsters praised in Ottery Gardening Show bonanza
OTTERY St Mary s green-fingered gardening exploits defied a summer of miserable weather to wow crowds in The Institute last Saturday.
OTTERY St Mary's green-fingered gardening exploits defied a summer of miserable weather to wow crowds in The Institute last Saturday.
Sixty five people attended the Ottery Gardening Club's Autumn Show, which was hailed a success by organisers.
"Considering the weather this year, the flowers were stunning and the vegetables not too bad," said club member Joan Dalton, adding: "Thank you to everybody who exhibited, because without them there would be no show."
Club secretary Jean Blouet-Smith was delighted with the afternoon's festivities, which also included teas and raffle.
You may also want to watch:
Budding gardener Samuel Burhop triumphed in the Junior Class category and was among four youngsters to enter the competition.
- SEE a full list of winners and photos in this week's Ottery Herald
- 1 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 2 Be prepared! Plan for uncertain months ahead
- 3 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 4 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 5 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 6 Tories' approach to councillor checks could fuel hysteria
- 7 Stay positive and hope staycations are here to stay
- 8 Sidmouth’s Antony Hall secures 2nd with 7+ hours of running
- 9 So much to enjoy on our doorstep... despite the crowds
- 10 Archbishop of Canterbury to join Patteson celebrations