Youngsters prove to be eager beavers
- Credit: Archant
Three youngsters at Beer’s fledgling beaver colony have been awarded the top scouting award they can attain.
Talieson Lewen, Mason Hughes and Joshua Priestley all claimed the bronze chief scout award within weeks of each other, just a year after the group was formed.
The trio each have put in hard work gaining fitness badges, learning about other countries, tracking and other skills.
Assistant beaver leader Fiona Gage said: “Here in Beer we are very proud of the hard work they have all put in and the fun they have had doing it.”
Talieson claimed his first and said he wants to be the first in the group to gain all of his chief scout awards.
Youngsters aged between six and eight can join the colony by contacting group scout leader Nigel Groves or 01297 21159 or by visiting him at Beer Post Office.
- 1 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 2 Broadband firm apologises for late-night roadworks noise
- 3 Ottery's beautiful and historic church - 'little sister' to Exeter Cathedral
- 4 Sidmouth greenkeepers fighting for the perfect bowling surface
- 5 'A rise in parking charges will hit locals hardest'
- 6 What makes Sidmouth the perfect place to live?
- 7 Mayor's New Year message and ideas sought for Jubilee celebrations
- 8 Major road in Sidmouth to close for THREE months
- 9 New pizza restaurant opens on Sidmouth seafront
- 10 'People are now too smart to fall for Tory culture wars...'