Youth-futures Sidmouth field day event
TAI Chi is one of the activities on offer during a field day for all the family in Sidmouth this weekend. Organised by Youth-futures, a sustainable Sidmouth action group, youngsters and their families are invited to the Having a Field Day event on Sunda
TAI Chi is one of the activities on offer during a field day for all the family in Sidmouth this weekend.
Organised by Youth-futures, a sustainable Sidmouth action group, youngsters and their families are invited to the 'Having a Field Day' event on Sunday.
Everyone will have the chance to explore the local wildlife in Willoughby Field between 2pm and 5pm on Sunday.
Tai Chi will take place at 2pm sharp, followed by activities based around plant and animal identification including edible plants-an expert will be on hand to offer information.
Children will get the chance to draw pictures of interesting plants and animals they see, with a prize being given to the best drawn picture.
Baked potatoes will be provided at the end of the day free of charge and people are asked to bring their own toppings.
- 1 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 2 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 3 Mayor's New Year message and ideas sought for Jubilee celebrations
- 4 'Brilliant' 2021 fundraising success for Otter Garden Centre
- 5 Ottery's beautiful and historic church - 'little sister' to Exeter Cathedral
- 6 16-year-old among arrests in Christmas drink and drug driving clampdown
- 7 East Devon economy bouncing back from Covid
- 8 Drug runner spared jail after court hears he's beating habit
- 9 Property of the Week: Livonia Road
- 10 Sidmouth U18s Girls stay top after nail-biting victory
Louise Woolley. Youth-futures leader, said: "It is free to take part and is aimed at being a family friendly afternoon in order to raise environmental awareness of the importance of biodiversity, including the effects that climate change may have on plants and animals in a fun way though community activity."
The group is also hoping to come up with ideas for future events and is welcome to any suggestions.
Willoughby Field is halfway up Peak Hill on the right hand corner.
For more information ring Louise on (01395) 512536 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.