Youth Presents Music to be staged in Ottery and other news
MUSIC: The annual youth music competition in Ottery takes place on Tuesday, February 28 at The King’s School. Organised by Rotary Club of Otter Valley, Youth Presents Music has two sections, with the junior musicians starting at 6pm, and the seniors at 8pm, both judged by an expert panel. Refreshments are provided by the PTFA, and if anybody needs transport locally contact Ottery Tourist information on 01404 813964.
MARKET: Sustainable Ottery’s Community Market returns for 2012 with more than 30 stalls at tomorrow morning’s event. There will be local produce and vegetable stalls, cakes, apple juice produced in Whimple, homemade cards, gifts, fashions and jewellery. The Parish Church also returns with a second-hand book stall and refreshments are provided by the WI. It starts at 9.30am in the Institute on Yonder Street, and runs until12.30pm.
CRASH: A fire crew from Ottery St Mary were sent to a car on fire on the hard shoulder of the A30 near Daisymount on Sunday, February 17. When the two appliances from Ottery and Middlemoor arrived around 7.30am they used two breathing apparatus and two hose reels to extinguish the fire, but the car was severely damaged.
You may also want to watch:
NEARLY-NEW SALE: Coleridge Pre-school Playgroup is holding a Nearly New Sale on Saturday, March 31 from 10.30am to 12.30pm. The group is looking for sellers who would like to get rid of their quality, clean children’s clothing, toys and books or nursery equipment, and make some cash just before the Easter Holidays. For more details on selling please contact Nikki or Sam on 01404 812663, and there will be a �1 entry fee.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
LIFE TALK: A presentation and workshop by a former Royal Marine is coming to Ottery next weekend. Mark Blackstone’s Turn For Life sessions are aimed at people struggling to achieve direction and purpose in life. It takes place on Saturday, March 3, from 9.30am to 11.30am in the Institute, for further information and to book a place contact 07815 468239.