School children end the year with festive Zumba cheer
- Credit: Archant
Parents and friends were treated to a festive performance from a school Zumba group.
Children from Newton Poppleford Primary ended their autumn term in style with two energetic Zumba performances in front of family members.
The classes, run by local instructor Johanna Morgan, encourage students to have fun whilst improving their confidence and fitness levels.
She has been dancing for 35 years and said: “I was so very proud of all of the children. The taster performances given at the end of each term are a great way to help increase both the children’s self-esteem and confidence.”
Zumba involves dancing and performing to energetic music such as hip-hop, soca, samba, salsa and mambo.
You may also want to watch:
The group meets at the school and children are welcome to join the termly classes which recommence on Thursday January 10.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 07739518587.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of