School children end the year with festive Zumba cheer
- Credit: Archant
Parents and friends were treated to a festive performance from a school Zumba group.
Children from Newton Poppleford Primary ended their autumn term in style with two energetic Zumba performances in front of family members.
The classes, run by local instructor Johanna Morgan, encourage students to have fun whilst improving their confidence and fitness levels.
She has been dancing for 35 years and said: “I was so very proud of all of the children. The taster performances given at the end of each term are a great way to help increase both the children’s self-esteem and confidence.”
Zumba involves dancing and performing to energetic music such as hip-hop, soca, samba, salsa and mambo.
You may also want to watch:
The group meets at the school and children are welcome to join the termly classes which recommence on Thursday January 10.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 07739518587.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon