Sidmouth Seniors played their final home match of the season against Libbaton, where they needed an overwhelming victory to redeem themselves after being thrashed 6 – 0 in the away fixture.

Captain, Brian Rice and Ray Gunston were out first and were comfortably ahead by 4 after nine holes. Libbaton fought back and the lead was cut to 1 by the 17th. Fortunately, Sidmouth were able to win the 18th to take the match.

Chris Grubb and Bob Cook had a very tight match with Libbaton being 1 up at the turn. They got it back to all square but Libbaton won 3 holes early on the back nine to go 2 up. Chris and Bob, however, won three of the last four holes to win the match 1 up. 

In the next two matches Mike Davis and Paul Blay, and Roger Bawden and John White had similar positive results and where nobody was more than 1 up and with most of the holes being halved.

The penultimate pair of Hugh Dorliac and Adrian White had a more straight forward match, albeit only being against one opponent. They took advantage of  this and had a comfortable 5 and 4 win.

The final match with Phil Spencer and Jonty Clews was another very tight affair with the score staying very close throughout. They were all square after 17 but managed to win the 18th for another 1 up win.

It is incredible, and very rare, to have 5 of the 6 matches going to the final hole, and especially for Sidmouth to win them all! This meant Sidmouth had the hoped for 6-0 victory in the match and a 6-6 tie over the two legs. 

In the Sidmouth Jewellers sponsored Friday Stableford John Spiller-Jones took it on countback from Graham Bess, both on 39. Charlie Roberts was third with 38. In the Kingswood & Devoran Hotels sponsored medal, the two divisional winners were Dan Colson with an excellent net 60 and Mark Bathard in Division 2 with a nett 66.

The Upper Crust Monday stableford was won by Callum Hill in Division 1 with 42 points, followed by Archie Griffiths and James Pickard. Division 2 was won with 36 by Bernie Millward, just beating Ray Gunston and David Millen.