83-year-old hits a birdie at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
On Monday Sidmouth ladies had their lady captain’s away day at Launceston, writes Maria Clapp.
An enjoyable day was had by all with the format being four-ball, better ball.
First place, with 41 points, went to Anne Blackler and Marian Andrews. In second were Linda Reynolds and Sheila Skittrall with 39 points and third place, with 37 points, went to Ann Willoughby and Jill Paddon. The latter pairing taking third after countback had come into play.
Three players achieved a two – Yvonne Anning, Maria Clapp and Sheila Skittrall.
Afterwards the ladies enjoyed a carvery after which prizes were presented to the winners.
You may also want to watch:
On Wednesday the ladies played a County Prize competition. A score of plus one saw Margaret Thompson win and her performance also resulted in a handicap cut from 24 to 23. Well done, Margaret. Second and third place was determined via countback with Susan Hackett edging out Ros Eaton. Marie Timms was the only player to achieve a two.
There was also a very special event during the week at the club with one of our senior players managing a superb birdie at the par four 17th!
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 6 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 7 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
Well done indeed to the lady who does not want their name mentioned!