A Mighty Green Time At Glastonbury
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Running Club (SRC) members Paul and Julie Mitchell are volunteers for WaterAid who provide volunteers for the Glastonbury Festival, writes Hamish Spence
Glastonbury then make a donation to WaterAid for services provided.
The pair worked for 24 hours in shifts during the festival giving out water during temperatures approaching 28c.
WaterAid provided about 650 volunteers this year. Whilst manning the water station, Paul asked around to see who wanted to go for a run.
A number of people did want to go for a festival run around the site. Paul then found out that their were two runs already organised by a health professional working in an area called the healing field.
You may also want to watch:
The Thursday run had circa 105 runners as reported in the daily news sheet. It just shows that runners will run whenever they can and that us Mighty Greens get everywhere.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls