A Thomas crumble needed if someone else is to the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday league top honour
- Credit: Archant
The eleventh round of the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday night league was played in superb weather although the scores showed that the course wasn’t playing easy, writes John Barnard.
Leading the way was Neil Faulkner with 38 points. Showing that he is getting used to buggies as a form, of golf course transport, he scored 38 points.
His front nine was very steady, running off a series of pars. The back nine was mixed, but he finished par, par, birdie to seal the win.
In second place was the club manager playing his first round since the 72-hole marathon earlier in the week and he started by showing his continued good form. His first few holes showed some rust, but over the next ten holes, he was three under gross and looking at a great score.
Unfortunately, the tiredness in his legs showed and he bogied the next four holes, but it was still good enough to give him 37 points.
You may also want to watch:
In third was David Pepperell, Neil’s playing partner for the day. After a poor opening five holes, he then steadied up and played the next 13 holes one over gross to post a score of 36 points.
In the Friday night league table, Mark Thomas is 14 points ahead of Craig Melluish and continues to score well each week. Craig is four points ahead of Lee Wenham.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
As we work towards halfway, it looks like a Thomas crumble will be needed to prevent a summer overall win.