A welcome for all at Sidford Tennis Club
The start of the 2012 tennis season is nearly here and Sidford Tennis Club are keen to welcome players of all standards and abilities to the club.
Groups play regularly most mornings from 9am and will always welcome new players.
From mid April and into September there will be a club evening on Thursdays from 6.45pm and a club afternoon from 2.30pm on Saturdays when afternoon tea as well as tennis will be the order of the day - just turn up at these times and enjoy a friendly game of tennis.
In addition to these times there are generally courts available for people to go along and have a game of tennis at most times of the day.
The club will be holding an open afternoon at 2.30pm on Sunday 15th April 2012 for both existing and new members so come along for an enjoyable game of tennis compete with tea, all free of charge. A warm welcome will be extended to all new members coming along to join.
You may also want to watch:
For those wishing to play tennis at a competitive level the club will be running Ladies and Men’s teams in divisions 1 and 3 of the Exeter and District League respectively, and two Mixed teams in divisions 2 and 5 of the East Devon League.
Not only has the club three all weather hard courts in excellent condition but they can boast floodlights on two of the three courts giving the benefit of extending playing hours in the summer months and providing the opportunity for evening winter tennis.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
An adult subscription for joining this ambitious tennis club has remained the same for 2012 at just �70 per year (or less than �1.35 per week!), tremendous value in anyones book. Other great value annual memberships are also available eg families (2 adults and children) at �140 students (up to 21 years old in full-time education) at �20 and Juniors (up to 16 years old) at �10. Not only are the facilities for tennis excellent, there is also the benefit of having free car parking right beside the courts.
The club will once again be running their popular junior coaching sessions, these will take place on Friday evenings and will commence on Friday 11th May 2012 and continue through the school summer term. A signing in evening for the junior coaching will take place between 6pm and 7pm on Friday May 4. The initial coaching sessions will cost �15.00 for the full eight week course. The coaching sessions will once again be run by Daryl Bass.
For further details on the club please contact the club chairman Paul Carter on 01395 567296 or 07805 453337 or visit the clubs website www.sidfordtennis.co.uk.