Abdurahman nets winner or Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s were excellent value for a 2-1 success at Broadclyst.
Raiders made a confident start moving the ball around with pace and it was no more than their early endeavours deserved when CJ Abbott rifled a superb shot home following some terrific wing play from Henry Summerhayes.
Whenever the home side took possession of the ball, and it happened a lot as they were a quality side, they found Samuel Burhop snapping at their heels to regain the ball and this in turn led to Raiders being able to set up fast-paced counter-attacks.
It needed a goal of quality to finally break the disciplined defence put up by Raiders – and that’s exactly what happened with a clinical strike giving Raiders glovesman Rob Hallett no chance.
The goal that settled the issue was another class effort! Will Bond weaved his way down the Broadclyst flank before crossing for Seever Abdurahman to thump home the winning goal – a perfect way to mark his debut for the team.
You may also want to watch:
Braodclyst showed their character in a valiant bid to level once more but got little change out of the Raiders defence with Lewis Rowden and Olly Horrell playing the defensive midfield berths, screening the organised back four of Noah Raffell, Dylan Shepperd, ‘Smithy’ Phillips and Toby Whitfield.
In the second half there was also an industrious shift from Corey Roden who created opportunities for Ben Slater, Jed Pinnock and Rob Hallett in attack. All in all this was an excellent morning’s work by the team.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!