Aces beaten at Horspath despite Reed flourish at end of meeting
- Credit: Archant
The Exeter Aces travelled to Horspath in Oxford for their first away event of the 2013 season.
The hosts, fielding a strong team, had the upper hand in the opening half, taking six out of the six heat advantages.
The only successes for the Aces were those for the Reed pairing of son Thomas and father Mark gaining the only three heat wins for the team.
After the break the contest ran a similar course and the Aces eventually slipped to a 95-82 defeat.
Thomas Reed finished unbeaten throughout the match, something no other rider achieved on the day!
You may also want to watch:
What’s more Reed ensured the team travelled home with some good memories as he won the last three heats!
Aces scores: Thomas Reed 20, Aaron Herbert 16+1, Craig Nethercott 13+2, Mark Reed 9, Dan Winchester 8, Andy Riddle 6, Rob Geach 5, Andrew Yard 5
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support