Adey and Gillies net as Town thirds share four goals with Cranbrook
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Sidmouth Town thirds sit fourth in the Joma Devon & Exeter League Division Two East table following their 2-2 home draw with Cranbrook.
In what was a fractious game played at Sidford, the visitors picked up three yellow cards!
Louis Adey and Barney Gillies scored the Town goals.
Gillies is in fine form this term with six goals to date.
The teams meet again tomorrow (Saturday) with the match being played at the Cranbrook Education Campus with a 3pm start time.
You may also want to watch:
The teams will kick-off with Cranbrook just one place and one point behind Town thirds. Both teams have played five games, Town have eight points and Cranbrook have seven.
Frank Long scored the goal as Town fourths were beaten 4-1 on their visit to Dawlish United thirds for a Division Four East game played at Starcross.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
Town fourths, who sit third bottom having won one and lost three of their four games so far this league season, are in home action tomorrow when they entertain Ottery St Mary Development XI at Sidford (3pm).
To date, this season, the Town fourths have not yet conceded fewer than two goals in a game.
For the second Saturday in a row there will be no action for the Sidmouth Town second team.
The Vikings’ second string have slipped to the foot of the Premier East table and are yet to register a point this league campaign after four straight losses.
They are next in action when they play under the Manstone Lane floodlights next Tuesday (October 27) when they entertain Colyton (7.30pm).
The sides met at Colyton back on October 3 when the home side won 3-0 and Tuesday night’s visitors to Manstone Lane are also in action tomorrow with a game at Upottery.