Albion unstuck without Crabb
- Credit: Archant
Beer Albion 2, St Martin’s 4
The Fishermen could not quite reach the heights they had found just seven days before when they held St Martin’s to a 2-2 draw in Exeter.
With manager Phil Crabb away watching Exeter Chiefs get thumped in the Heineken Cup at Cleremont, Beer can probably consider themselves unlucky not to have again taken something from the meeting with one of the Fresha League’s top sides.
Trailing 2-1 at the break the Fishermen levelled early in the second half and it was only a classy finish and a late penalty that consigned Beer to defeat.
Adam Wakeley and Chris Long netted the Beer goals.
You may also want to watch:
An eighth defeat in 16 Premier Division games leaves the Fishermen sitting precariously in the table, five points above the drop zone.
Their coming fixtures offer every chance of the side climbing to mid-table safety, though they also present the very real threat that if they don’t bank a decent number of points they will be dragged into the thick of the relegation battle.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Next up they travel to Thorverton and four of their next seven matches are against sides currently sitting below them in the table.