All change at Sidmouth Golf Club as old captains putt out and new captains drive in
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Golf Club’s annual Dinner and Dance was held last Saturday with 70 members and their guests in attendance, probably one of the last such gatherings for a while, in light of the coronavirus situation, writes Hugh Dorliac.
A sumptuous seven course meal was provided by the excellent club caterers and the outgoing club captain, Neil Holland provided several entertainments between the courses, some consisting of charity beard and head shaves!
Well done, Paddy Tallon and David Bater for their heroic sacrifices.
Other madcap ideas, too numerous or bizarre to record here, kept the diners highly amused and bemused in equal measure!
Suffice it to say the opportunity to raise money for the captain’s charity was not wasted.
You may also want to watch:
Because of the ongoing coronavirus precautions, Sunday (March 15) saw a much reduced number of members to witness the annual past captains putt-outs and the incoming captains drive ins, followed by a buffet and charity auction at the club.
This raised over £2,000 for this year’s captains’, Lester Willmington and Penny Lyne, charity fund which will be divided between local charities and special club projects.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown