All four Ottery men’s Over-60s Triples League teams enjoy success
- Credit: Archant
The Ottery ladies started the week playing host to Sidmouth Blue in the LOFTL, writes Michael Smith.
The ladies were in fine form and won the match 45-31 thanks to success on both rinks with Terri Ward, Sharon Kenny and skip Shirley Fewtrell having the best rink, 24-16.
It was a victorious week in the men’s Over-60s League with all four teams being in The A team were successful on both rinks at home to Belmont A, winning the match 33-29 with the top rink being Richard Bland, Peter Jones and skip Terry House, 17-14.
The B entertained Bradninch and shared the rinks, but won overall to the tune of a 36-34 score line. In this match there was a 22-17 win for the rink Richard Chapple, Bryan Salter and skip Andrew Evans.
The C team travelled across to Mid Devon to meet Uffculme C and returned with their 100 per cent start to the season still on-going as they banked all eight available points with a 53-32 win. Bob Porton, Norman Lawrence and skip Dave Rose were the top rink at Uffculme wit their score being 29-18.
You may also want to watch:
Last, but not least, the D team were 36-31 winners at Hemyock B, drawing on one rink and winning on the other with Graham White, Maurice Flower and skip Mike Smith securing a 16-11 success.
In the friendly fixtures Ottery welcomed Dunkeswell, but with just two rinks and quite a few ‘extra’ Ottery players making up the numbers the score was immaterial to an enjoyable afternoon.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
Several Jubilee were next to visit Ottery, bringing six rinks and, in a close match, came away with a 125-120 victory, Val Jones, Maurice Flower, Maureen Phillips and skip Richard Bland had the best Ottery rink, 28-18.
In the EEML, Ottery were at near neighbours Honiton where the rinks were shared at 2-2, but Ottery took the match honours 66-57 with Richard Chapple, Carol Keating, Gerard McArthy and skip Steve Hall helping the cause with a fine 22-7 success.
As always please visit the website at otterystmarybowlingclub.com or contact Mike Smith on 01404 811195 for more information on all matters Ottery St Mary Bowls Club.