Alma being readied by Sidmouth Gig Club for new campaign
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth gig racing club members were hard at work at the weekend preparing Alma-their training gig, in readiness for the Port Royal open day this weekend.
Alma returned to Sidmouth from Lyme Regis where the club has been rowing over the winter months.
She now joins Keith Owen, the wooden competitive gig for summer rowing.
Both gigs will be on display on Sunday along with all the other sporting events planned for the day.
Prospective rowers will be able to have a look around the club boathouse and facilities, watch presentations in the sailing club and have a row in Alma, weather permitting.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments available throughout the day.
For further details, see the club web page www.sidmouthgigclub.com ; or for details of all the open day at Port Royal this weekend contact email@example.com.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby