Andrew and Hills excell at Budleigh
Sidmouth Croquet Club were well represented in the Budleigh Salterton August Tournament in which 60+ players took part from all over Britain.
Sidmouth won no trophies, but nevertheless there were some good performances.
The main Handicap event consisted of groups of five players – in each group weaker players were helped by having bisques against a stronger opponent.
Derek Andrew and Peter Hills each managed to win their groups to go through to the quarter-finals, where unfortunately they were drawn against each other.
A very exciting game saw Derek win 26-25. Derek then played in the semi-final, where he met his match against an opponent having 10 bisques.
You may also want to watch:
In the Class competition, Advanced rules were followed with all players in a block meeting others about the same level.
Although Sidmouth had no block winner, David Clarke, Richard Godfrey and Derek Andrew all did well to win over half their games.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead