Armes at the double in Colaton Raleigh defeat
Bickleigh 4, Colaton Raleigh 2 Sidmouth osteopath Don Blyth has performed miracles in helping Colaton Raleigh midfield player Damian Armes recover from a serious foot ligament injury.
In his first competitive game for six weeks Armes responded by scoring with two tremendous long range efforts.
It was not enough however to dent Bickleigh’s winning start to the season.
Meanwhile Armes regular midfield partner Jake Boyland, has also been struggling to recover from a long term ankle injury.
Boyland had a run out in the Reserves last Saturday, as they gained a creditable 3-3 draw against Cheriton Fitzpaine.
You may also want to watch:
Upbeat Colaton Raleigh boss Riki Pitter said, “We played even better than last week against Dawlish, and gave Bickleigh a really hard battle. Although the result went against us again, the lads are just getting in to their stride. We have got to cut out the individual errors in defence, and when we do that we will quickly start climbing this Division”.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman