Ashby chalks up stunning new PB at Exeter 10k
- Credit: Archant
Justin Ashby, one of the leading runners in Sidmouth, took part in the First Chance 10k meeting held in Exeter, writes Terry Bewes.
The race organised by the South West Road Runners is very popular with 10k runners and sells out months before the start. This year there were 510 finishers.
The reason it is so popular is that it is run over a two lap, pancake flat, traffic free course over tarmac cycle ways and roads in the Riverside Valley Park so it is an excellent way to achieve a personal best (PB) time over that distance.
Back in September 2016 competing in the Taunton 10K Justin, after a full two months of dedicated training finally broke 36 minutes for this distance, a time he had been trying to break since 2012 in a time of 35:30.
True to form this race produced not only a stunning new PB for him, but also set him another challenge.
You may also want to watch:
Finishing in a time of 35:03, coming eighth overall, and first in the M45-49 category he now has to get under 35 minutes. This can only be good news for the club members who have signed up for his eight week, 10k training course, which will start in March.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98