Axe Cliff seniors suffer rare home defeat
The Axe Cliff seniors’ team lost a rare home match when beaten 4-2 by Taunton Vale in a closely fought encounter, writes Janet Dack.
The winning pairings for Axe Cliff were Gerry Turner and Charles Whitbourn and Malcolm Glass and Rob Grove.
Last Thursday 15 members took part in an away day at Came Down.
The team event was won with 92 points by Gerry Turner, Nick Povey and Rob Grove.
The singles winner was Jack Bannister with 38 points, second was Rob Grove with 34 points on countback from John Mant in third place with the same score.
You may also want to watch:
Nearest the pin prizes were won by Neil Moorcraft at the seventh and also Chris Walker at the ninth.
On Friday the October medal attracted a field of 27 members and was won by Phil Christmas (25) with an excellent 68 nett.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 7 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
Second with 70 nett was Rob Heard (15) and third Gilbert Cox (19) with 71 nett. There were two two’s shot by Gilbert Cox and Geoff Hughes