Change of Commodores at Axe Yacht Club
- Credit: Archant
Presentation for the services of retiring Amanda Parker
Retiring Commodore of Axe Yacht Club, Amanda Parker, has been presented with a signed print of Axmouth Harbour.
The fabulous memento was awarded to Parker in recognition of her service of the club as Commodore from 2017-20.
The picture was presented by new Commodore Nigel Daniel, who took on the role with an upbeat message to members after a tough year for everyone.
The ultimate ethos at Axe Yacht Club is ‘to promote and facilitate water sports including yachting and to encourage the enjoyment and preservation of Axmouth Harbour, and to provide social and other facilities for members’.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel also thanked his predecessor for her tireless contribution to the club, with a range of achievements including a renewal of the clubhouse lease, a lively cadet and family section, navigating through the challenges presented by Covid, and much more.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat