Back with Ben double
Colaton Raleigh FC 3,Topsham Town FC 2nds 2
After trailing at the interval, Colaton Raleigh produced a storming second half display, with two match-winning goals from right back Ben Farrington, 19, giving player/manager Riki Pitter the perfect 28th birthday present, writes Ken Woodsford.
This win moves Raleigh up to sixth place in Division two. The home team started brightly, and took the lead after 20 minutes from a Damien Armes free kick. Raleigh then conceded two penalties in 10 minutes, both converted by Topsham’s Aaron Edgehill, to make the half time score 2-1 to the visitors.
Colaton Raleigh were the better side throughout the second half, and Topsham had five players yellow carded as they attempted to disrupt the home team’s attacking moves. Mark Pavey was hauled down in the box on 55 minutes, with Ben Farrington firing in from the spot to level the scores.
You may also want to watch:
With Raleigh forcing the pace and 20 remaining, another free kick was awarded five yards outside the box. Armes squared the ball to man of the match Farrington, who drilled a low shot into the bottom corner for a final 3-2 scoreline.
This was a good all round performance, with mention for Mark Pavey and Mark Tett who worked tirelessly down both flanks.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Colaton Raleigh Reserves also had a good league win, 2-1 away at Starcross
This Saturday Colaton Raleigh host Plymouth Combination Division 2 leaders,
Hideaway Cafe at Newton Poppleford in a Devon Senior Cup 3rd round fixture. ko