Bagwell impresses with his tackling as Sidmouth Big Shows draw with Cully
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-10s ‘Big Shows’ shared the spoils in an entertaining contest with Cullompton.
Following England’s great performance against Australia, the ‘Big Shows’ took their inspiration and name from Ben Young’s ‘big show and go’ try for England.
Jack Pugh skippered the team which also included Toby Morris, Thomas Grove, Harry Wood, Matthew Thomas, Dillon Burrow, William Allen, Alec Bagwell and Joe Trickey.
Tasked with throwing at least one dummy pass, three big tackles and three big rucks they set about their task against a very organised Cullompton team.
The Mid Devon side scored two tries to the one notched by the Big Shows, to hold a narrow half-time lead.
You may also want to watch:
However, led by tackling machine Alec Bagwell and, with strong running from Thomas Grove, Dillon Burrow, Harry Wood and Jack Pugh, the Big Shows evened the score.
Cullompton scored a third try through good passing and spreading the ball wide, but the Big Shows were not to be denied and William Allen, Toby Morris and Joe Trickey supported well, rucking and tackling to level up once more to see the game end all square.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 5 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support