Bagwell stars for Sidmouth UNder-7s in matches with Cullompton
Sidmouth Under-7s were engaged in a number of matches with teams from Cullompton on Remembrance Sunday.
The Mid Devon side pitched up with three teams whilst the hosts were able to put together no fewer than four sides!
Cullompton turned out to be Sidmouth’s toughest opponents of the year so far!
Then high level skill shown in the tagging and passing meant that every point was contested with long periods of continuous play leaving a large number of the games being drawn.
In the games a number of players stood out for Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
None more so than Alec Bagwell for his huge number of tackles made despite an early collision with a Cullompton player.
Harry Web stood out for his passing and support play and Charley Turley for running in a record number of tries.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
All the players both old and new showed that they can step up their game when the opposition gets harder.
This Sunday (November 17) the Under-7s are back in action when they tackle Chard.