Baker finds slalom form
Back to best after 22 years!
Father and son, Graham and Jordan Baker from Sidford had a successful day on Sunday at the slalom competition organised by Frome Canoe Club and held at Langham Farm.
The competition was held over two days, with over night camping. Axe Vale Canoe Club of which Graham and Jordan are members, were well represented and came away with a number of awards.
After a 22 year gap from slalom racing, Graham impressed fellow club members and himself by becoming the overall winner in the K1 division 4 category and earned himself promotion to division 3.
Jordan, 14, a pupil at Sidmouth College, was pleased to win the junior under 16 K1 division 4 category as he had never slalom raced before. He came second in the under-16s’ Axe race earlier this year too.
You may also want to watch:
Axe Vale Canoe Club competed against teams from Wales, Cheltnam and local clubs from Frome and saw chairman Tash Khan Davis come second in the K1 division 4 category, another father and son team, Rob and Mike Humphreys were promoted to division 3 on Saturday and medals were won by Lauren Ellis and Gill Hamlett.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank