Barmy Army visit brings presentation to girls cricket team
- Credit: Archant
When world renowned England Cricket supporters ‘Barmy Army’ pitched up at Axminster there was a splendid turn out at the club’s Cloakham Lawns home.
The Barmy Army run a cricket team and were in East Devon to meet an Axminster CC elevenm.
The opportunity was also taken to use the occasion of the visit for the Lady Taverners to present a girls cricket bag to the East Devon District girls team.
The equipment was much needed and former Somerset and England cricketer Andy Caddick was on hand to make the presentation.
The Barmy Army is aiming to raise £100,000 for the Lord’s Taverners over the next year.
You may also want to watch:
The charity encourages young people to play cricket and supports youngsters with special needs
Locally, children were taken on a Seaton Tramway trip and money was raised for specialist sensory equipment.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling