Barmy Army visit brings presentation to girls cricket team
- Credit: Archant
When world renowned England Cricket supporters ‘Barmy Army’ pitched up at Axminster there was a splendid turn out at the club’s Cloakham Lawns home.
The Barmy Army run a cricket team and were in East Devon to meet an Axminster CC elevenm.
The opportunity was also taken to use the occasion of the visit for the Lady Taverners to present a girls cricket bag to the East Devon District girls team.
The equipment was much needed and former Somerset and England cricketer Andy Caddick was on hand to make the presentation.
The Barmy Army is aiming to raise £100,000 for the Lord’s Taverners over the next year.
You may also want to watch:
The charity encourages young people to play cricket and supports youngsters with special needs
Locally, children were taken on a Seaton Tramway trip and money was raised for specialist sensory equipment.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival