Bater’s Removals July Medal joy - for David Bater
- Credit: Archant
The first Saturday of July was certainly a busy one for Sidmouth Golf Club, writes Hugh Dorliac.
In terms of home action, the Bater's Removals July Medal, and I am not entirely sure about announcing the winner of Division One, and also with the best score of the day!
Well, it was David Bater, playing of five, who beat Graham Davies (8) on countback.
In a close contest all-round, third was also decided by countback with Dave Hoare (11) edging out Paul Hitchcock (6).
Club captain Neil Holland (1) had the best gross score of 70.
You may also want to watch:
Division two went to Iain Roberts (15) on 69, again on countback, from David Millen (20). A pair of 70s followed, Andy Griffiths (24) having the better back nine than Steve Nunn (19)
Stableford-wise, last Friday's Sidmouth Jewellers event was won by Simon Emerson who scored a solid 41 and beat Kevin Howe on countback.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
Terry Jones was third with 40. Handicap cuts all round! The Monday Upper Crust Stableford saw more excellent scores being returned with Neil Holland won with a score of 41 which included an eagle and four birdies, beating Terry Jones who after a busy weekend of golf recorded a score of 38, pipping John Billingsley on countback.