Bater’s Removals July Medal joy - for David Bater
- Credit: Archant
The first Saturday of July was certainly a busy one for Sidmouth Golf Club, writes Hugh Dorliac.
In terms of home action, the Bater's Removals July Medal, and I am not entirely sure about announcing the winner of Division One, and also with the best score of the day!
Well, it was David Bater, playing of five, who beat Graham Davies (8) on countback.
In a close contest all-round, third was also decided by countback with Dave Hoare (11) edging out Paul Hitchcock (6).
Club captain Neil Holland (1) had the best gross score of 70.
You may also want to watch:
Division two went to Iain Roberts (15) on 69, again on countback, from David Millen (20). A pair of 70s followed, Andy Griffiths (24) having the better back nine than Steve Nunn (19)
Stableford-wise, last Friday's Sidmouth Jewellers event was won by Simon Emerson who scored a solid 41 and beat Kevin Howe on countback.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 3 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
Terry Jones was third with 40. Handicap cuts all round! The Monday Upper Crust Stableford saw more excellent scores being returned with Neil Holland won with a score of 41 which included an eagle and four birdies, beating Terry Jones who after a busy weekend of golf recorded a score of 38, pipping John Billingsley on countback.