Battling for county finals
SidmoutH bowlers Jill Bishop, pictured below, and Pat Ashton-Pritchard won the Ladies’ Over-55s pairs in the county section final and will now go through to the county quarter and semi- finals in the ladies’ pairs to be played on August 31.
The lady captain, Margaret King, held her Captain’s Day on Tuesday. Teams for the captain Margaret King and vice-captain Valerie Newnham played against each other. The vice captain’s teams won by 89-73.
The winning rink for the captain was Carol Keating, Mary Smith, Margaret King and skip Jane Painter. Winning rink for the vice captain was Rita Daw, Catherine Hunt and skip Zena Johnson.
Tea was enjoyed by all with special guests invited by the captain. Thank you to all the committee who prepared and served the tea.
and a special thanks to Beryl Sparkes, Dreda Taylor, Sheila Lewis and last year’s Captain Jill Lewis who who did a great job serving.
You may also want to watch:
All in all Sidmouth Ladies have had a good couple of weeks.
Sidmouth Bowls Club will be holding their Annual Charity Day on Bank Holiday Monday 27th August from 10 -12. Refreshments will be served and there will be various stalls.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National