Baxter second in latest drag racing outing in Lincolnshire
- Credit: Archant
Baxter Williams and his father Gary made the 600-mile round trip to Lincolnshire for the second time this season.
On the Saturday, there was a huge turnout of over 80 bikes competing in 15 different leagues for the finals on Sunday.
Baxter shaved hundredths of a second off no fewer than seven consecutive runs on the trot to bag himself an 18.72 second best for the Saturday, which put him into the finals on Sunday.
Sunday’s finals got underway after a day’s racing, with Baxter winning first his quarter-final and then his semi-final.
He lost out in the final by a single second to his good friend Levi.
You may also want to watch:
Dad Gary said: “The highlight of Baxter’s weekend was going head to head against a Yamaha 535cc, which he beat off the line and through the lights by nearly two seconds.”
Racing returns locally on July 21 with another meeting at Smeatharpe where all are welcome to get along and try the strip along with the Straightliners crew.
- 1 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Gary says: “We must again say a huge round of thanks to Big Paul of Cotford Sidbury for his continued support.”