Beckman lands Monday stableford victory at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
The latest Sidmouth Monday Stableford was badly affected by the weather.
The seniors got off to their usual early start without any difficulty.
By early afternoon though, the sea mists started rolling in and the course was closed, although those in the middle of their round were blissfully ignorant of this.
Those coming up to play at their usual time in the afternoon could only watch the banks of mist keep rolling in so there was a smaller field than usual.
Taking full advantage were the higher handicappers to scoop the prizes. First was Mike Beckman who scored an excellent 39 points, three better than the rest of the field.
You may also want to watch:
Off his 27 handicap, he managed five holes in par and a number of others in better than his handicap to earn a one-shot reduction.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients