Beer Albion edged out at Exwick Villa
- Credit: Archant
Beer Albion, in desperate need of league points, travelled to Exeter to face Exwick Villa Reserves, and were just pipped 2-1 in a close match, writes Richard Honnor.
On the previous Saturday, the Fishermen had been well beaten by Villa at the Furzebrake, but this was a much-improved performance and they can count themselves unlucky not to have shared the points.
Beer received an early blow when,, on 10 minutes keeper Steve Jones was forced to go off after injuring a finger. Full-back Shaun Denslow took on the goalkeeping duties and he performed well throughout
Despite the set-back and consequent re-shuffle, Beer started well and took the lead through Callum Gribble, but the home side equalised before half-time and then grabbed the winner in the second half.
Next up is a home game on Saturday (November 28) against Heavitree United (2.15pm).
You may also want to watch:
The match sponsor is Colebrooke Guest House, Beer, Devon.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support