Beer Albion, Tipton and Otterton Reserves all in home action this Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Weather permitting there’s plenty of local football action this Saturday (November 16).
TIPTON ST JOHN
Tipton St John will hope to see action for the first time in four weeks on Saturday (November 16) when they entertain Lympstone in a Macron League Division One game (2.15pm).
Tipton have lost all six of their league games so far and even a win over the Lympets will not see them climb off the foot of the table for its Lympstone who sit second bottom, but they are four points better off than Tipton.
After Saturdays game it's a run of four successive away games for Tipton who will visit University, Newtown, Wellington and Dawlish United on the four following match days.
You may also want to watch:
Beer Albion last played a Macron League game on October 5 when they lost 5-3 at home to Chagford.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
That means Saturday's meeting with University of Exeter 2nds will be the Fishermen's first Furzebrake outing for seven weeks!
Beer head into the game sitting eighth in the table with a dozen points from six games while the students are two places worse off, having banked 10 points from their eight games so far.
Beer Reserves are in away action on Saturday when they travel to Halwill. The Furzebrake second team had last Saturday's home game washed out.
They head for Halwill sitting fifth in the table and their hosts will start the game sitting immediately above them in the table.
Otterton have not played a Macron League game since their September 28, 2-2 draw at Newton St Cyres.
Since then the Otters have contested a couple of cup ties, losing a Bill Slee Cup game at Lyme Regis 3-1, but then winning their most recent outing, an October 19, Devon Senior Cup 3-0 win at home to Newton St Cyres.
That cup defeat at Lyme Regis is the only time that Otterton have suffered defeat in eight matches since an opening day 3-1 home loss to Beer Albion Reserves.
Otterton Reserves were in action last Saturday and they made the most of the game as they scored 10 times in a big win at Silverton.
Dale Evans (4), Joe Fuller (3), Jon Holmes (2) and Joseph Craven scored the Otterton goals.
This Saturday Otterton Reserves entertain Bradninch (2.15pm).