Beer Albion well beaten at Elmore
- Credit: Archant
With a couple of regular players missing, Beer Albion were well beaten at Elmore on Saturday, going down 3-0, writes Richard Honnor.
It was a performance which has been typical of their season thus far. One of the Fishermen’s problems this season has been their inability to create goal-scoring opportunities, with just 20 goals in 18 league matches.
Defensively they have looked OK and the midfield players always work hard, but they just lack a player with the ability to link up play and provide the forwards with quality possession. On Saturday, the Albion posed very little threat to Elmore’s back line
The first 30 minutes was evenly contested but once Elmore got their noses in front, it was one-way traffic. The home side were 1-0 up at half time and added a couple more after the restart to win comfortably. But for another good performance by the Fishermen’s keeper, Steve Jones, the margin of defeat would have been more than 3-0.
The Albion will be hoping for a better outcome this Saturday (February 14) when they host Elmore at Furzebrake in a Fresha League top flight game (3pm).
You may also want to watch:
Saturday’s game is sponsored by Morgan Heating Maintenance – Maintenance and Service, Boilers, Fires, Cookers.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend