Beer Albions poor run continues
Beer Albion’s poor run in the Fresha League Premier Division continued with a woeful display away to high-flying Sidbury United, writes Richard Honnor.
The home side were superior in all aspects of the game.
Indded, but for another fine display by the Fishermen’s goalkeeper, Steve Jones, the score could have been more than 4-0!
Beer’s defence were constantly under the cosh and their midfield players were unable to hold on to the ball for any length of time in order to take the pressure off the back line. The Fishermen could only resort to long, hopeful passes, easily dealt with by Sidbury’s impressive back line which has only conceded 15 goals this season.
The goals were evenly spread with two in each half.
You may also want to watch:
Apart from Man of the Match Jones, Kieran Love played well at the back for the Fishermen who will need to improve significantly if they are to get back to winning ways.
They are in action on Saturday (January 31) when they entertain basement dwellers Budleigh Salterton Reserves. Kick-off for the match sponsored by Jimmy Green Marine: Sail, Surf, Snow, at Furzebrake, is 2.15pm.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford