Beer and District SAA to hold a 50-hour Fish-a-thon
- Credit: Archant
The Beer and District Sea Angling Association are set to hold a 50-hour Fish-a-thon.
The event, held to raise find for the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital Neonatal unit, takes place on June 21 to 23.
Chris Sweetland says: The unit is a cause close to our hearts and as this is our 50th year we’d like to try and raise as much as we can for them.”
He continued: “We are collecting sponsorships at the moment, and will also have buckets to collect in during the event. We plan to have a zone during the event where members of the public can simply turn up and have a go at sea fishing for themselves. That will be available on the Saturday and will be followed by a free sea food barbecue held on the Sunday, that’s if we catch anything of course!”
The Sea Angling Association hope as many people as possible both get involved and indeed provide sponsorship for the event.
You may also want to watch:
You can find out more about the Fish-a-thon by calling Chris Sweetland on 07875558037.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend