Beer and District SAA to hold a 50-hour Fish-a-thon
- Credit: Archant
The Beer and District Sea Angling Association are set to hold a 50-hour Fish-a-thon.
The event, held to raise find for the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital Neonatal unit, takes place on June 21 to 23.
Chris Sweetland says: The unit is a cause close to our hearts and as this is our 50th year we’d like to try and raise as much as we can for them.”
He continued: “We are collecting sponsorships at the moment, and will also have buckets to collect in during the event. We plan to have a zone during the event where members of the public can simply turn up and have a go at sea fishing for themselves. That will be available on the Saturday and will be followed by a free sea food barbecue held on the Sunday, that’s if we catch anything of course!”
The Sea Angling Association hope as many people as possible both get involved and indeed provide sponsorship for the event.
You may also want to watch:
You can find out more about the Fish-a-thon by calling Chris Sweetland on 07875558037.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year