Beer Badminton Club in urgent need of new members
- Credit: Archant
Beer Badminton Club are in desperate need of new members and are appealing to folk to get along and boost their membership.
The club numbers have dwindled to just five and this is just seven years since 15 like minded badminton enthusiasts got together to form the club in 2008.
Such was the early popularity that the club started a second night over and above the initial Wednesday evening sessions and ran also on Monday nights. Those two nights are still operating, but numbers are worryingly low.
Stuart Wallis of the club says: “membership has seriously dwindled and we really do have to attract new members or we may have to reduce our playing hours or, and this is the worst case scenario, close down altogether as we can’t cover the hire of the hall!”
The Monday and Wednesday sessions both run from 6pm to 8.30pm and there’s no membership fee to join the club. The only cost is £3 per session.
You may also want to watch:
Equipment is provided if needed and any age and ability is welcomed and it is all very informal and takes place at Mariners Village Hall, Fore Street, Beer.
For more information contact Stuart Wallis on 01297 21060.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour