Beer Reserves well beaten at Acland Park by Feniton
- Credit: Archant
Beer Albion Reserves were well beaten by a strong Feniton side, going down 6-1 at a windy Acland Park, writes Mike Adkin.
Beer couldn’t have got off to a worse start when, in the second minute, they failed to deal with a Feniton corner which somehow eluded all the defenders and was poked in from the far post.
However, over the next 20 minutes Beer got back into the game with some useful possession, but with no clear cut chances created. In the 28th minute, a solo run by the Feniton right winger saw him beat three players before putting the ball past Hales in the Beer goal to make it 2-0. Further defensive errors saw Feniton to a 4-0 half-time lead, with just one chance for the Fishermen, a well-struck shot by Nathan Newbury which cannoned off a defender.
Beer created more chances in the second half, the 52nd minute saw a fine ball from Jack White out to Simon Smith to the left of the Feniton penalty area, and a cracking strike flew just past the keeper’s left post.
Then, in the 81st minute Sam White gave the Albion a glimmer of hope, making it 4-1 after picking up the ball from a poor throw out and chipping the Feniton keeper. White came close again minutes later, however, a stunning comeback wasn’t to materialise, and two late Feniton strikes sealed an emphatic win for the home side.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday (December 190, Beer Reserves travel to Hatherleigh Town Reserves.
- 1 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council