Before final whistle blows …
Before the final whistle is blown on the search for the UK s oldest football team, e.on is putting a final call out for nominations in Devon.
Before the final whistle is blown on the search for the UK's oldest football team, e.on is putting a final call out for nominations in Devon.
The search for the oldest Sunday league or local football team is part of a national campaign to celebrate successful senior citizens, launched by over-60s energy scheme StayWarm from e.on - sponsors of The FA Cup.
Jean Webb, marketing manager for StayWarm, said: "We've had a fantastic response to our search for the oldest football team with the current highest combined age coming in at a staggering 629, but we are still searching for a team to step forward from Devon.
"All you have to do is call 0800 068 7302 by January 31 to nominate your team and list the combined age of your first team's eleven players."
You may also want to watch:
The winning team in Devon will be awarded a new StayWarm sponsored kit, made up in its team colours, while the oldest overall team in the UK will win tickets to see their favourite club compete in this year's FA Cup.
StayWarm from e.on is designed exclusively for people aged 60 and above to give them the peace of mind that fixed price gas and electricity bills bring.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
They must also have no more than three bedrooms, no more than four occupants and use their energy for domestic purposes only.
l Entries to StayWarm's search for the UK's oldest football team must be based on the combined age of the team's first eleven only;
l All entries must be received before January 31.