Bell looks part on Sidmouth Under-8 debut
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-8s thoroughly enjoyed a set of matches against visiting Chipping Sodbury.
With five different age groups playing at Blackmore it meant for lots of people all around. As it was the weekend that kicked-off the school half-term there were a number of age groups light on numbers as was the case with the Under-8s who were joined by two new members, Leah Patch and Jack Bell, which meant there were sufficient home numbers to field three Sidmouth Under-8 teams with the visiting side able to field one.
After a bit of training on tagging and passing at speed, the first game was played. Chipping Sodbury put up a good battle to begin with, but the relentless tagging and running of Sidmouth put the outcome firmly in the home side’s favour!
The rest of the Under-8s played each other on the next pitch and showed lots of good skills to run each other very close.
This proved to be good preparation for the next game against the visitors where excellent defensive pressure created lots of turnovers leaving Chipping Sodbury looking at a heavy defeat.
You may also want to watch:
However, the last game on tour is always tough to find the energy for!
With Sidmouth still having some energy left there was a quick round of tag-bulldog which left most of them on the floor, but smiling, and ready to finish off the day with a hot-dog in the sunshine!
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
There was good work from Harry Murphy and Jake Dunstan while Will Russell made some notable runs baffling the visitors!
The Under-8 Player of the Week award went to Jack Bell.
Young Jack only joined the club this particular weekend, and shows great promise, listening to instructions from the coaches as well as learning from his team mates too.
This coming weekend the Sidmouth Under-8s face what will be a tougher test as they go head-to-head with Topsham.