Below-par SOHC crushed at Shepton Mallet
Shepton Mallet 6, SOHC A 0 SOHC suffered their heaviest defeat of the season against third placed Shepton Mallet.
Encouraged by their last two performances SOHC could reasonably have expected to have got at least a point from this game.
However, they never really got into their stride and found themselves 2-0 down after 15 minutes through two uncharacteristic errors in defence.
Shepton Mallet must have thought Christmas had come early as the visitors continually gifted them the ball, the only thing missing was the tinsel and bow on top!
Everything was going away for SOHC- the first touch was dreadful and just about all teamwork seemed to have been left in East Devon.
You may also want to watch:
The visitor’s generosity resulted in another two goals being conceded before half time.
SOHC started better in the second half and in short bursts did provide the home defence with something to do, but in going forward they left themselves exposed and conceded another goal.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
Shepton capped off their victory with a well taken drag flick from a penalty corner going high and wide into the side of the goal.
Definitely a below par performance and a bad day at the office, best forgotten.