Below par Town see off Willand Rovers Reserevs
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Reserves continued their unbeaten start to the Macron League Division One season with a 3-0 Manstone Lane win over a youthful Willand Rovers.
Town dominated the early possession and created some excellent chances. However, Will Jenkins ,Scott Hughes and Ben Farrington all failed to hit the target.
At the other end of the pitch, Town glovesman Adam Barrlett looked comfortable between the sticks.
Hughes atoned for his earlier miss by breaking the deadlock, lashing home from close range after a period of sustained pressure.
Callum Cross, the stand-out performer on the day, expertly added a second. However, despite holding a 2-0 lead, the Vikings struggled to perform to their usual standard,
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw a better attitude as the hosts stepped up a gear, but still something was missing and, despite netting a third through Ferenc Bodor, the whole performance was a laboured one.
Paddy Thomas, a member of the Town management team said post match: “Standards definitely dropped and the players need to accept the criticism and praise with equal measure. They were below par on the whole, but gained three points so that is pleasing. On a day when all three sides won we are satisfied as a club, but you never get complacent in this game.”
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
On Saturday (October 8), the Vikings travel to fifth placed Wellington looking to continue this unbeaten start to the new league term.